Tuesday, August 3, 2010

50-50!



Reaching 50 is a great milestone, be it in the game of cricket or growing up in age. I have started blogging for some time now and going to reach 50! The other day when I was talking to my elder daughter, whom I consider my guru in blogging, asked me to give some credit! She did not ask for any 'fulus' but wanted me to write about my daughters in my blog!


I have seen my daughter glued to the desktop all the time. I then came to know that she is a regular blogger. She has a registered blogger certificate, which procedure, I do not know even today.

When I started blogging, albeit hesitantly, I did not even think that I will continue to blog this far. Whilst my daughter Bharathee is responsible for my exploration in blogosphere, I should also acknowlege Mr Ragavan and, other journalist friend,Mr Ramesh, for their encouragement to write. The latter has published many of my blogs in his Daily, no matter whatever criticisms they might have generated.

Also my acknowledgements go to my wife Lakshmi and younger daughter, Devika for not reading my blogs! If they had ever read one earlier, I would have stopped blogging long long ago. The reason being simple, both are my virulent critics, who will not spare even if I make a careless mistake in my post!

I should mention here that, way back in 1988, my lady love found fault with my English in the first ever letter I wrote to her!

So, I thank my entire parivar for taking pains to read my blogs or not. Nevertheless, they are contributing by appearing in the anecdotes I have incorporated in my posts.

Well, If I start registering my acknowledgements to my readers, especially those regular ones, like A,Arvind,Latha,Rama,Sadanand,et.al., then it will look as if I am a retiring cricketer. I, therefore, save those words of acknowledgements for special occasions.

There is also a significance of recording the blog at the 50th entry here. Well as I mentioned earlier, I am going to reach the number in blogs... and, come september, I would be reaching that score in age too! INSHALLAH!


Looking back, I have come a long way from a Vagabond to a Bloggard now!

8 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

Congratulations!
It is good to know, your family helped in bringing out the hidden writer in you, sometimes we do need the push, and aren't you glad for that?
Well, I must say the same about my kids, for without their encouragement I too would have never set foot into the blog space.

R. Ramesh said...

u write so well boss..congrats..like tendulkar go for centuries and v will be der all thru with u...best wishes always:)

Haddock said...

Is there something like that .. a registered blogger certificate ?
Wonder where I should apply for that ?

arvind said...

50! HMG..
feel everybody numbering their posts!

age
is the
c"age"
where we all
prisioning
ourselves..

congrats for the both..

(pen in the pocket!
listing people in alphebatical order!
too bad!!)

Latha Nair said...

CONGRATS!
Waiting for the ton-
but definitely not when you are hundred!
Sure we will have it pretty soon
Thanks for entertaining and enriching
us with your wit and knowledge.

subu said...

Thank you all for the nice comments and good wishes. Haddock, I am also wondering like you! thanks for visiting. Arvind, you have a song in your comment! Me reaching Hundred? Latha, ramesh did you hear that.. rama rama!

divine child said...

there is no such thing as registered blogger certificate. Appa, I didnt say anything like that. But of course, there are professional bloggers who blog for money. Its good that there's no qualification you need to have for being a blogger. Even dogs and cats have blogs!

SUFFIX said...

Interesting :) Congrats, keep rocking!!

World will listen to the counsellors-astute!