Thursday, February 18, 2010

Around the world in 240 minutes!



Last Saturday was particularly a boring one as I kept on doing household chores like washing, cleaning and cooking food for myself, when my friend called up to find if I would be interested in going to Global Village in his company. He also joyfully said that he will take care of the entry permit part and so I need not worry on that count.

I over came the temptation by accepting his offer!

All the way, we were chit chatting about the geographical and political barriers that kept away people in the confines of their boundaries and the sad reality of human beings subject to controls such as Pass port, Visa and Entry permit requirements to go from one country to another.

The discussion moved on to some movies such as 'Around the world in eighty days', and a vernacular movie in Tamil like, "Globe trotting young man"... etc.

We resolved to undertake some planned trips with families to cover various parts of the world.

Then I observed birds don't require any visa or permits to enter any territory and for them the entire globe is like a small village!

My friend said that today we can visit many countries without spending anything for entry permit and we should quickly cover as many contries as possible by 8 pm.

Even as I was pondering what he said, we reached the gate no 4 at Global Village, when my friend flipped the "Complementary Entry Permits" that he had with him!

True to his wish, we criss-crossed many countries, tasted "Molly Thai Fruits", took snaps with Kenyan aborigins, went to see China, joyfully crossed over to Pakistan and purchased few shawls and hob nobbed with our neighbor and even held a prelude to Indo-Pak friendly Talks!

1 comment:

R. Ramesh said...

post and photos both r excellent...cheers:)

World will listen to the counsellors-astute!