Thursday, March 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!























I asked my driver Pappu about his age and date of birth. He gave some vague number but could not give month and date. When I found out the date given in the driving licence,pat came his reply, "Sir that was given by that agent at the time of taking the licence, the correct date of birth... even my parents will not know!

Recently, I asked one of my assistants about the age of his father. He was not able to tell the exact age! He said that his father may be in his sixties!

But the younger generation has a different story. They celebrate Birthdays in grand manner and also keep a track on birthdays of their friends, if not their family members!

There are also facilities in internet and other social networking sites who not only give alerts about your Birthday, but also about all your friends, friends' friends and, so on!

With technology and modern lifestyle, there will be hardly anyone who would not know his birthday!

All said and done, for those agencies around the world who are involved in collecting demographic data, they have to confront with scores of "pappus" who cannot tell their date of birth!

For now it is H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to all those readers who celebrate birthday today!

3 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

hahah i celebrate 3 bdays..one my original, one regd by my dad differently for school admission purpose, and third tamil calender...hehhe

subu said...

Oh you are sooo blessed and lucky to have born thrice! Keep visiting often as you can afford!

Haddock said...

Some of these network reminders are a boon as they remind us the birthdays of relatives that we usually tend to forget.
By the way do you personally know the actor Suresh Gopi, or was it just a joke.
The reason is, I am trying to find some way in which he would read the article.

World will listen to the counsellors-astute!