Friday, September 10, 2010

There is somebody ahead of you!


What if Newton did not find the law of gravity? What if the epic of Ramayana was not written?

Well if Newton had not made the findings of gravity, somebody else would have found it, depriving a chance for Subu!

How many versions of Ramayana(substitute for any other work like dictionery!) have been written so far? Can any one say that some of the ideas are unique and no one else could have generated those ideas?

Well for those who generate ideas, such ideas are thought to be unique only unless they themselves find those ideas to be already in existence.

Some simple ideas can be very useful in finding solutions to complex issues. I remember reading an English Lesson titled "Little Things". The story explains how ignoring small details, would result in great losses. Read these words which explains the result of failure to attend to a minor probleum:


For want of a nail a horseshoe was lost,
for want of a horseshoe a horse went lame,
for want of a horse a rider never got through,
for want of a rider a message never arrived,
for want of a message an army was never sent,
for want of an army a battle was lost,
for want of a battle a war was lost,
for want of a war a kingdom fell,


And all this happened for want of a nail!.

It is true that one should not ignore a potentially serious problem that may result 'a stich in time can save nine' kind of issues.

Recently, I returned from Mumbai to Dubai. In order to easily identify my checked baggage from a distance when it is put on the baggage bay, I used a 'unique' idea of tying a red ribbons to my bags.

Waiting for my two checked bags at the bay, I found a gentleman who was also travelling along with me looking out for his bag. Now I spotted one bag with ribbon tied approaching me. Before I could reach, the gentleman picked it up and left the aerodrome immediately!

I kept wondering if my bag was, by mistake, carried away by him, while I was waiting for the other bag with red ribbon. The small bag with red ribbon arrived but the bigger one was missing. Now I was almost certain that the other one must have been carried away by that gentleman.

When I was almost lost hope, there came my bag similingyu with red ribbon! Joyfully I collected it and approached the green channel exit.


Well, you may get some ideas which may look unique but be aware that there is somebody ahead of you to have visted there!

7 comments:

Latha Nair said...

May be "great men think alike"? ;)

R. Ramesh said...

hahah latha commment is interesting..and right too...

Rama Ananth said...

I also tie satin ribbons on our bags when we travel, but the color I choose is always the type that people would not choose generally or be attracted to that color.
Well despite such precautions,my husbands suitcase got lost, because somebody forgot to load it to the connecting flight. But after three days it was safely delivered to our hotel.
That was a good post.
I suppose you had a great time in India.

arvind said...

subu sir,

hmm..
who was that ribbon girl -
who studied with u at school!

SUFFIX said...

Ahhaan, you have used 'red ribbon'? i used 'orange tag' on all my baggage, fortunately i was the only Newton on that flight.

budh.aaah said...

Interesting idea one could use.

Rama Ananth said...

Thank you Subu.
My daughter and myself we were all decked up to leave for a wedding, it was our son who suggested we take some pictures, and some of them came out pretty well.
Some changes in the design and color of the templates is always welcome, as one tends to get bored with same thing.
I have to thank SG for teaching me how to go about it.
So how was your trip to India ?
Take care,Rama.

World will listen to the counsellors-astute!