Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Drive to drive


Sometime back, a person close to me, gave me this title, "Jadam"!

Jadam means a person or a creature that does not have feelings or emotions!

Well, certain incidents in my life makes me believe that the title is worth it!

I joined a driving school almost 2 years ago and,I am still nowhere near getting a driving licence.

I this institute after doing a quick evaluation of various institutes. For some reason I chose this "Blessed Driving" Institute, may be I got besotted by its name, really not knowing what was in store for me.


The manager who took the advance fee for the entire course,telling me that he will do "Compileet job", vanished from the sceen after my clearing my reverse parking test and taking only a few driving classes.

Thereafter, it was "hide and seek' with him for over 2 years. With my "jadam" behaviour, or can I say my perseverance?, I could complete the required training.

Today, I just came back from one un-successful attempt of "Kachcha" test!

The RTA inspector told me that I needed 5 more classes of training as I was too fast on the wheels and needed more concentration!

My 'Blessed Instructor' told me that I should be fast on main roads, which, I apparently followed during the test!

Now I am only hoping that I will have enough drive to take another test.

But, being a 'Jadam', I am sure I will have enough "Drive to drive"!

8 comments:

Latha Nair said...

Hey I never knew our RTO guys take these driving tests so seriously. My experience was the exact opposite. I had hardly shifted to second gear and the guy was anxious to get rid of me. The test lasted hardly a minute and I promptly got my licence. May be things have changed so much in the last two decades-unfortunately for you!Better luck next time :)

subu said...

Oh.. back in India, things are like what you said.. Whilst in Mumbai, I got International DL in a day! Down south, I just got the DL based on my status! But Shj driving schools are like School of Eton! People celebrate getting the licence by throwing lavish party here!

Latha Nair said...

Of course, nowhere is driving test such a farce as in India. I assumed you live in India, or rather, ur profile says so-that's why I was surprised by your experience.

arvind said...

just enjoy ur driving..
just enjoy it..
how u could turn..
how to use the speed..
how to reverse with ease..
just enjoy it..

is it for the purpose of driving licence - are u learning?
dont do it..
be in passion for driving!!

Sharodindu said...

Best of luck for next time...or you can try some chhota shortcut to get the document done.
I will pray for rest of my fellow commuter ;)

subu said...

Arvind, I enjoy driving at Mumbai. Here in UAE I have to just wait for the licence... Sharod, I am too kind to the commuters ..and that is the reason for such a long... training!

R. Ramesh said...

:)

Amrit said...

"Blessed Driving" institute needs blessing to be successful.

World will listen to the counsellors-astute!